Monday, October 1, 2012

Recovery Christian Center Daily Meditation - 10/01/12 - Loving Service

"After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.” “Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him. Jesus repeated the question: “Simon son of John, do you love me?” “Yes, Lord,” Peter said, “you know I love you.” “Then take care of my sheep,”

Jesus said. A third time he asked him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep." John 21:15-17

Love is an action word. Like any other relationship, we can say that we love someone but if we don't show them that we love them our words are empty. Its the same with our relationship with God. We demonstrate our love and gratitude to God for this new way of life by serving others. We show that we love God by loving others, by accepting others, by encouraging others the way that our relationship with God and our recovery has encouraged us. We show that we appreciate our freedom by helping someone else find theirs. See true love is selfless and contagious. You can't really experience love and acceptance and forgiveness and compassion from God and then refuse to give it to others. God's love is meant to be shared and the best way to share it is through serving His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment