Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Close out 2014 in Gratitude!


As we close out 2014, which for many of us was a year of challenges and transitions, let's bring it through with a good ole fashioned gratitude list. I'll start. I am grateful to God for bringing me out of a hopeless condition into over 20 years of salvation and nearly 20 years of recovery (we celebrate on 1/27). I am grateful for a beautiful and loving wife, Pastor Paula Burnett-Kimmenez, who still puts up with me. I am grateful for my daughters, Geneva, Bianca BarnesMarisa BraytonRuby Shontae, and Danielle Brayton, and all the grandchildren they gave us. I am grateful for my wonderful family. I am grateful God allows me to pastor an awesome body of believers known as Recovery Christian Center. I am grateful He uses me as Chaplain of Philadelphia Stand Down helping homeless veterans, as Philadelphia Director of Healing Communities USA helping returning citizens, as an instructor at Master's Commission Bible Institute and as 1st Assistant to the Presiding Bishop, Bishop J.T. Cohen of Master's Commission International Ministerial Fellowship. I am grateful to be a Mental Health First Aid USA Instructor for Philly MHFA and to serve Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services on the Dbhids Faith & Spiritual Affairs Advisory Board and with Faith Initiatives at Philadelphia FIGHT. I am grateful for great friends and partners in ministry and recovery. I am also grateful for a great homegroup, the Kenzo Group of Won By One Christian 12 step Fellowship. I have so much to be grateful for that I will not complain. Your turn what are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment